Friday, February 19, 2010

Kevin Myers on Kordia

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Welcome to my first blog…..ever.  One of the indications that this is my first blog is that the word “blog” was coming up as misspelled on my PC. 
To be precise, I had the options to correct to “blog” to bog, bloc, blot, blob, and blow – hopefully my “blog” will not be synonymous with these words. 
I have previously threatened to blog – this was in relation to my most recent home renovations hitting a bit of a snag in the kitchen….pardon the pun.  Interestingly, the kitchen is getting sorted in short order.
As I think about heading to the world of blogging for Kordia, I’m thinking about what I can write about and communicate about that will be of interest to the many people who hit our site on a daily basis.
I think for those folks, I’d like to represent Kordia in a very accessible and open manner.
I’m planning to bring you my thoughts on the technologies Kordia is working with, the projects we are working on, the NBN and its evolution forward, green field requirements, emerging technologies, and my work with the Asia Pacific Fibre to the Home Council and jumping into the Communications Alliance. 
I hope to bring my thoughts in a light-hearted and fun manner and if I’m short on material - I will sneak in some jokes.
I will leave this first blog with a quote that reflects my thoughts around the NBN heading forward: 
"I don’t know if the optimists or the pessimists are right. But the optimists are going to get something done.”  Craig Venter
-- Kevin Myers, Kordia

No comments:

Post a Comment